Typical Language Development at 24 Months / 2 Years Old
By 24 months your child should…
- Point to pictures in a book when named
- Point to body parts with good consistency
- Express 200-300 words
- Use speech that is about 50% intelligible
- Use a wider variety of consonants
Your child may have Delayed Speech if he/she...
- says less than 100 words
- does not imitate actions or words
- is not putting together 2 words
- does not respond to simple directions
- does not engage in pretend play with dolls or by themselves
If you notice any of the above red flags, Contact Us Today to schedule a comprehensive speech assessment and begin evidence-based therapy. Early intervention is important in your child's success.
Every child has a voice.
Let us help your child find theirs.